The standard material used is Canvas Sailclothe. Fustian is another fabric option that is available. Fustian is composed of a blend of linen and cotton. This has a nice rough, checkerboard appearance. The style of linen I use is a heavy and coarse type that is period correct.
Hempen is another type of material available. Should you choose to have your pack made from Linen or Hemp please consult me for current prices as they are subject to change from the supplier.
Changes other than the normal. To make yours one of a kind.
- The following options are available on packs to make yours truly one of a kind.
- Walnut Hull Dye- add $5.00
- Other colors of dye are available also- Black, Dark Brown, Green, Gray- your choice Add $5.00.
- Leather Straps- Leather color is subject to availability. If you desire a specific color I will try to accommodate, normally leather is brown or natural. Black add- $5.00.
- Fabrics- Canvas is standard. Other choices on some pack styles are- 100% linen, Fustian- a cotton and linen blend. Hempen material is also available. For linen and Hemp call or write for current price.
- Do you have any special requirements or ideas? Your suggestions for custom orders are welcome.
Pewter Buttons are the standard used on all packs. Horn, Wood and Brass are available at an additional price. Some Trekkers have asked to have their packs distressed with obvious repairs to it. If this is your wish please contact me as to what you have in mind. Priced accordingly.
Linings Linings of canvas for bags of Linen or Hemp are available. Please inquire for price.
Charles R. Casada
Historically Correct Knapsacks & Haversacks
8515 So. Cowan Rd.
Muncie, IN 47302-9127
Copyright © 2001 Chuck Casada. All Rights Reserved.
This website is designed and hosted by The Colonial Market a service of Historical Enterprises.